As we bring our incredibly inspiring Fintech’s Fightback campaign to a close, we gathered another panel of experts together to ask, “What’s next?” We’ve seen a lot of innovation over the last few months, but many in the money ecosystem are having to pivot and rebuild. With a recession (or even depression…) on the horizon we explored what businesses within our wider industry can be doing to prepare for the storm.
Our chat amongst friends included:
Janine Hirt, COO InnovateFinance
Todd Clyde, CEO Token
Helen Child, Co-Founder Open Banking Excellence
We asked them their views on:
• Where are they seeing winners and losers – and how can those losing pivot for success?
• What kind of trends/changes/opportunities are they seeing within the industry? (There’s some unmissable answers in here!)
• Regardless of your size or strength right now, what are the essential building blocks needed for business to grow in this difficult environment?
• Governments are working closely with the finance industry and fintechs, but there are obviously a lot of challenges when pitching to and working with government. What advice do they have to give for those on that path?
• How are they adapting their leadership style to be more human and employee-centric?
The insights centred on doing business differently – to make a real difference for real people impacted by COVID and the resulting economic downturn. Are you in?