Speaker at Money20/20 2016
Speaker at Money20/20 2016
An innovative and entrepreneurial C-level business, marketing and communications executive with exceptional strategic and business development skills. Experience working across a range of industries including financial services, technology, consumer packaged goods and energy with leading brands like Amazon.com, American Express, AT&T, Chevron, Microsoft, Square and Visa.
Currently Chief Marketing Officer at Square Inc. In this role, responsible for leading marketing, analytics and go-to-market organization focused on driving brand leadership, customer acquisition and product growth.
Prior to Square, was Chief Marketing Officer for Visa Inc. In this role, led global marketing to advance the Visa brand, accelerate product growth and deliver business results for a $12B+ global business.
Before joining Visa, was the president of JWT San Francisco, co-founder of Tonic 360 and held leadership roles at advertising and marketing agencies.
• Entrepreneur: Co-founded one of the first full-service agencies focused on digital brands, and led its growth from zero to $100M in billings. Negotiated sale of company to WPP.
• Leader: Built, led and inspired high-performing organizations from start-up to established, regional to global. Skilled and proven in organizational design, talent development and culture creation.
• General Manager: Managed P&L and investment strategy across a spectrum of business scenarios and budgets up to $800M+. Built global marketing organization and operations at Visa post-IPO across 70+ markets. Led successful organizational integration efforts.
• Brand Builder: Experienced in leading brand creation, differentiation and growth for companies in various stages of development from pre-IPO to sophisticated as well as companies requiring disruption and re-invention. Directed brand-building initiatives that increased Visa brand value to $79B – a 41% increase since 2013.
• Business Driver: Delivered tangible year-over-year business results through disciplined, analytical and rigorous approach to marketing. Experienced leading growth marketing organizations that are focused on customer acquisition, retention and growth. Skilled in leveraging big data to predict trends, mine segments, shape behavior, build loyalty and optimize MROO/ROI.
• Change Agent: Drove transformation of organizations and capabilities to reflect shifting consumer purchase behavior, technology adoption and media consumptions habits. Led design-thinking to identify consumer behavioral insights to guide product and communications innovation.
• IPO Experienced: Member of team tasked with preparing for Visa’s IPO in March 2008 and Square’s IPO in November 2015.